Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.Planning for Return to School 2020-2021
You should have received an email from FCPS asking you to make a choice regarding your child(ren)’s instructional program. I know many of you are now trying to decide which option works best for your family. There are two options:
- Full Time Online Instruction: Your child(ren) will have online instruction full-time. They won’t come to the school. Live lessons will occur 4 days per week, Tues.- Fri. Independent assignments will be provided on Mondays. The schedule for lessons will be more ambitious than this past spring’s distance learning program. More info here.
- In-Person Instruction with Social Distancing: Your child(ren) will come into the building and attend school 2 full days per week. During the other days, your child will have assignments to complete. Bus services, food services and other normal school-day services will be provided. More info, including sample schedules and social distancing in classrooms & buses here.
Choices are due by July 10, 2020. If no response is received, the student will automatically be enrolled for in-person instruction for the year.
As both an educator and a parent, I certainly understand how stressful this decision is for you and your family, and I acknowledge that you have to make a decision for your child(ren) with many details still unknown.
I recommend you…
- Involve your children
- Create a pro/con list
- Consider the needs of your child
- Talk to your doctor if you have health concerns
- Set realistic expectations
- See the additional resources below to help you make a decision
We are also happy to answer any questions. Feel free to email me at email@example.com. Para preguntas en español, envíe un correo electrónico a Blanca Barrios a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regardless of what fall looks like, know that we are committed to our students' academic and social-emotional well-being and growth. Together, we will continue to take care of one another and grow at Forestdale!
PrincipalStay Up-to-Date on the Return to School Plan
The FCPS Return to School plan details change daily. To stay on top of these changes, I encourage you to review the FCPS FAQs routinely and access the FCPS Return to School resource page for more information.
Consider Attending the FCPS Virtual Town Hall on July 6 & 8
Join FCPS Superintendent Scott S. Brabrand; Assistant Superintendent for Instructional Services, Sloan Presidio; and Director of Special Education Procedural Support, Jane Strong for a FCPS virtual Town Hall on Monday, July 6 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. View the livestream on www.fcps.edu/tc/ch99 or Channel 99 (Verizon, 11). Ask questions before or during the forum by emailing ReturntoSchool@fcps.edu or calling 1-800-231-6359 (during the forum). Questions will be answered about the Return to School options for the 2020-2021 school year.
A Spanish language virtual Town Hall will be held on Wednesday, July 8 at 6:30 p.m. on Facebook en espanol (www.facebook.com/FCPSES/), featuring Dr. Brabrand and other FCPS officials.
These are among many opportunities to share feedback of FCPS’ plans to reopen schools this fall.Considere asistir a la Reunión Town Hall Virtual de FCPS el 8 de julio
Acompañe al superintendente Scott Brabrand y dos oficiales de la escuela para la Reunión Town Hall que se presentara el miércoles, 8 de Julio a las 6:30pm. En la reunión se hablará sobre el regreso a la escuela en agosto incluyendo las diferentes opciones de matrícula, salud y seguridad, servicios de comida y el acceso a la tecnología.
La Reunión Town Hall va ser transmitida en vivo por FCPS Facebook en Español por el siguiente enlace https://www.facebook.com/FCPSES/. Por favor envíe sus preguntas con anticipación al correo electrónico email@example.com o envíenos un mensaje a nuestra página de Facebook. Esperamos que nos pueda acompañar.How to Complete the Enrollment Form
To select the option that works best for your child or children, please follow the steps below:
- STEP 1: Access the online form at: https://www.fcps.edu/enroll2020
- STEP 2: Log in with your child’s Student ID and either the enrolling parent’s email address or phone number on file in the FCPS Student Information System (SIS).
- STEP 3: Make your selection and finish by clicking the “Submit Form” button at the bottom of the form.
- STEP 4: Check your email for a message acknowledging receipt of your enrollment decision with additional information about the enrollment process and a link to change your selection, if desired.
- STEP 5: Repeat this process for each of your children attending school in FCPS for school year 2020-21.
Mire este video para conocer las opciones para el próximo año y cómo completar el formulario de inscripción de FCPS.Summer Continuity of Learning
We completed our first successful week of the FCPS Continuity of Learning program at Forestdale. Students worked on summer learning resources at home, and our teachers were able to see many of our students through virtual office hours. This program is for rising 1st- 12th graders who attended school in FCPS last year. As a reminder, here’s how the program works:
- Students can build math and literacy skills through the iReady digital lessons accessed through the FCPS public Universal Screener website. Students will need to enter their FCPS login credentials to access these resources. These reading and math digital activities will be available until Friday, July 31st.
- Students currently in grades K-6 should have received both a Mathematics and a Language Arts Essentials Summer Practice Book in the mail by the end of June. Digital versions of the books are also be posted on the Continuity of Learning Blackboard page. These books will provide recommended practice activities for students to review essential content from the 2019-2020 school year; they are not intended to preview content from next year’s grade level but rather reinforce essential learning from this past year.
- As students practice skills addressed in the Summer Practice Books, they will have the opportunity to attend one virtual session each week with one of our own outstanding staff members. To register your student for office hours and receive a secure link, please complete this form. Once registered, your child will receive log-in information via their FCPS Google email address prior to the first session.
The schedule is as follows:
We miss you all and hope you are having a wonderful summer!